Popular Posts

Sunday, March 13, 2011

on the streets

i believe i left off talking about society does not care and just how rough things are but that is not always the case and not everyone is so  uncaring. i was one of the fortunate who happened into a good situation, guided by some good people(Lisa) and although my life is still a struggle i can see some hope. a few months ago i saw none. in the last 18 months i had lost job where i had been making decent money and where i had been employed 9 years, my father died of cancer, i was robbed of almost $1200, found out my ex wife was terminal (liver failure) and then it that was not bad enough i also lost my mother too, to suicide. so you could say my life has sucked, but i am coming around. i consider myself fairly intelligent person and instead of heading down the path i was heading i sought some help and it came, not necessarily the help i wanted but the help i needed. i now have a place to lay my head at night where i feel safe and don't have to use belongings as a pillow or ride the trains all day because it was so cold outside. i even have a little part-time job and they seem impressed with my work ethic and skills and are talking about some good stuff for the future so i can re-unite with my children after my ex finally passes. Several months ago i just sat there and wanted to die, today i ate a good meal, napped a little and am going to watch a movie. but is very important that i remember this, and that when i was at that point someone was there to reach out and help me so when given the opportunity i must do the same.
www.sunnahinc.org

No comments: